Word 2002 Task
Now that we have finished creating our document in Microsoft Word 2002, we need to add page numbers throughout. How can we achieve this?
We could type in the page number manually on each page, but this would be a laborious task that is prone to error, and you would also have to mess around getting the formatting right on every page. This is not a good idea. However, to get page numbers to appear automatically on each page of our document we can insert them either in header or footer. If we do this, then Word will calculate the page numbers for each and every page.
Page Numbering In Word 2002
To add page numbers to a ord 2002 document, do the following:
- First of all, you should decide where on the page you want to insert your page numbering. Do you want it to appear at the top of the page in the header, or at the bottom in the footer. Also, where in the header or footer?
- Usual practice is to display them at the bottom of the document in the footer.
- To open the footer: from the upper toolbar menu select: View – Header and Footer
- Word might display the header initially, so switch to footer by using the Switch Between Header and Footer icon.
- Now we have the footer displayed.
- To insert page numbers, on the same toolbar find the Insert Page Number icon.
- Alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcut by pressing ALT + SHIFT + P
- Click the icon or use the shortcut and the page number will be inserted.
Now the page numbering is automatic so you do not need to insert it on every page. Just type your text and page numbers will appear automatically in the right manner. Page number can be edited like any other text.